• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I download a license file for Substance software?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription license for the Substance suite, but I am unable to acivate the installed software, because the licenses are accessible on creativecloud.adobe.com, and I need to log in with substance3d.com account.

I am using Linux, which is shows as a supported platform on Substance3D.com.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Hi Tobiasz,

Your Adobe Substance subscription is not compatible with Linux. You can ask for a refund and buy a Steam license, which indeed does support Linux, but it won't be linked to your Adobe account/CC Subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from download&install>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found out that the Susbtance suite is available on Steam, and it officially supports SteamOS (Linux) there.
How can use my Creative Cloud Substance subscription license with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tobiasz,

Your Adobe Substance subscription is not compatible with Linux. You can ask for a refund and buy a Steam license, which indeed does support Linux, but it won't be linked to your Adobe account/CC Subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Since my subscription license is *only* covering the Substance suite (which demonstrably runs on Linux) it seemed like I should be able to use that subscription on Linux. I hope that Creative Cloud can be brought to Linux, as I find this quite crippling.  I understand that CC is a suite so Adobe would need to make sure all of their software runs on Linux first, though it seems like an arbitrary limitation here, seeing as Substance is available on Steam - seemingly just for this reason.

Best regards,
- Tobiasz Karoń

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources