• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i access substances from the substance library now?

Participant ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Would somebody be able to explain how i go about downloading substances from the substance library now Adobe has merged?

I have an adobe license that is run by my IT team, which i normally just log into adobe with and download whatever software i need. However, when i go to https://substance3d.adobe.com/  it still tells me i need to sign up to download 😞 .   Under my account it says im a 'user' and the IT team is a 'viewer'. Do they need to link an account or something?

thanks for your help

Nick

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

If you want to download 3D assets using your Adobe account you need to be added to your team's Substance 3D subscription. It you are only set as a viewer and not a user it means you have not be assigned a license yet. Please reach out to your admin! 

Also, with the way you phrase things it seems like you previously had access to 3D assets via your Substance account? This is still possible until the end of September, you need to log out from your Adobe account and log in with Substance (top of the login popup). There you will be able to access your previously licensed assets and any remaining download points you have not used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thanks the reply!

Currently when i log into creative cloud, i have access to all the software (including the substance suite) which is why i was wondering why its still telling me to register. 

There is a message saying i should link my substance account.   But then im wondering how things will work - as we have multiple Creative cloud licenses in our team, but as far as i know only 1 substance account. Would we all get access to the substance collection?

After september - will we no longer be able to access the substance source library? (im a little confused)

nickh74394646_0-1647264294150.png

thanks very much for your help!

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The linking of Substance accounts is only possible for individual accounts, not teams account, so it would not be possible for your teams members to access it. You will find more info on what is possible and who is eligible in this documentation page .

After september the Substance accounts will not exist anymore, which mean that you won't be able to login using it.
However you can save all the assets you have licensed in the past before then, as you keep the lincense to use them, as well as keep using any download points you might still have linked to that account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh ok thanks.

Will our IT department who manages the teams accounts be able to access the Substance source library still though? (rather than us individually)

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not, the accounts have to be deleted
I recommend that the IT team does a backup of all the assets you have access to via your Substance account before the end of September and put it in a shared folder so your team can keep getting access to them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to be absolutely clear...  because we are are team of X licenses we will no longer have access to ANY of the substance source library after September?!   But if i was to use an individual license Id be able to?   Thats pretty bad 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it is not technically possible to link the Substance pro accounts with the Adobe Teams accounts, as they don't work the same way and it can't be done (it is technically possible to do with indivividual accounts since the Substance and the Adobe ones work the same way, which is why it's possible to link those ones)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no way you could somehow give us some kind of unique login to the source repo that is seperate from the main one?

The substance source repo was/is a very valuable resource that we'd be losing access to, even though we'd be spending the same/more than individual license holders 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i mean, adobe is a $200billon dollar company - surely you can find a technical solution to give us access to these files?  If not - id suggest giving us an individual license purely for accessing the source repo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, one final question - as im wondering if im missunderstanding...

Are you saying we'll simply lose access to our previously downloaded assets from September, so we'd  have to redownload them as part of an allowance?  But we'd still have access to the library

OR..  as adobe team users we simply wont have access to the library period?

thanks for bearing with me 

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,
I think there is a misunderstanding - Substance 3D Assets will keep being available to Teams members, but to teams members logging in with an Adobe account (only the substance accounts will disapear for every account type).
You will keep access to your Adobe account on the 3D Assets website!

However you need to be added to your team's Substance 3D subscription to be able to download assets yourself. It you are only set as a "viewer" in your team and not a "user" it means you have not be assigned a license yet. Please reach out to your admin! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh boy. ok - this is super confusing! 🙂 

When you say I have not been assigned a license yet - what license do you mean exactly?  I currently have a fully functioning Adobe teams account/license where im able to download any piece of software i like - just not able to access the substance source library. 

Ill contact our IT department though as suggested to see if there's anything they can do to help

thanks for your help

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait a minute!!

A colleague has just directed me to the 'Stock and Marketplace' section of the creative cloud app -and it appears i have access to all the substances there!!!

There doesnt even seem like theres any credit system going on either, which seems to good to be true 🙂

Is this basically replacing substance source then?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like i got my hopes up too soon - i have the same issue with those 😞

nickh74394646_0-1647942194087.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @nickh74394646 

Maybe I can try helping you

To be allowed to purchase materials within your company, you need to be assigned a license from your administrator within your company. Your administrator should have access to this website and check if he indeed assigned you the Substance 3D product or not : https://adminconsole.adobe.com/

To know if you've been assigned a license or not you can check on 3D Assets website what is the "role" that has been assigned to you in your company. In the example below I only have a license assigned on Adobe Inc. company. I need to switch to this company to then be able to make a purchase.

Let me know if you have further questions,

Romain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for that! - ill pass it onto the IT department and hopefully they can assign me a license. The thing im getting confused with, is that I thought i already HAVE a license (or so i thought) as im able to login to adobe and download all the software i need.  Is this a different kind of license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can see in your account and your team's account there is no Substance 3D subscription, so I suppose you can download all software crom the Creative Cloud offer but the Substance 3D offer is a separate one and you need a dedicated license for those software tools and 3D Assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks Marion - i just sent you a DM if thats ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources