• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Painfuly slow download speeds

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine im in the middle of work and suddenly I need a roof material from substance3d.adobe.com/assets (or the app both work the same way) and gues what.. the material is 300MB file that downloads 200kb/s and that is 20-30 min of waiting.
And im asking why.. why is this so slow? Before adobe bought algorythmic substance materials like this i got downloaded under a minute or 2. Why is this so slow now?

TOPICS
Discussion , Technical Support

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @defaulte136czpfxlty 

I apologize for the inconvenience

I just made a download speed at the moment and I was at 1.7 Mo/s on >300Mo scan based asset, which is my regular download speed at home

I've reviewed our analytics and over the past 30 days we've had 1 slow down on the server side for about an hour on 15th November from 6AM to 7AM (CET) (see screenshot attached)

Did you try to download during this exact timeframe ?

If not have you tried with another browser ? Or through the CCD integration (if you have an Individual subscription, it does not work yet for Teams and Enterprise sadly) ?

If you tried during another timeframe than the one mentioned above I would think on a more local issue (setup, browser, cookies, netwrk local slowdown, etc)

Hope that at least you don't have this issue anymore ?

Romain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not an idiot so please dont treat me like it 
It is an issue that I encounter every time since I use adobe substance asset library.

I am very happy taht it works perfectly for you good for you, It doesnt for me.

And any other download can go from 10-30mb/s and im talking anything from steam/epic to tools like realussion cahracter creator or others basically the problem is only with adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats more
i can download 10 files simultaneously or even a 100
and all of them will be limited to magical 200kb/s
Isnt this interesting, it is almost like you are limiting It and making an idiot out of me here by asking if I dont download something every time for half a year every day and only when O use adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the acumulated speed of downloading files will be 10-30mb/s
but a signle one has max od 200kb/s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aw yes I see
nobody cares about it anymore
why should anyone care about the customer
Lets bottleneck everyone save some money, just ignore their posts why cares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im produ that i pay for substance every year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been investigating for the past few days to understand why you have this kind of painfully slow speed for download.

So far we've not been able to replicate nor find a reason for this issue.

Our storage architecture has not evolved for the past few years : on an Amazon S3 bucket based on the US. We are based on France and despite several thousands miles with the S3 bucket location our download speed is correct (meaning geographical dispatch of this service can not be the only explanation).

So far metrics seems to confirm the current behaviour is the expected one, hence why we take some extra time investigating.

You're our first user with this kind of feedback. Could also be your internet service provider or router configuration reducing bandwidth for some download type ? 

In France for example a famous internet provider, named Free, limited bandwidth for all Youtube videos for a long time...

Still we keep investigating, and if any other users reading this post have the same issue could you post here too ?

In the mean time @defaulte136czpfxlty can you try downloading from another place (family's member wifi, ideally with another internet service provider than yours) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, from Estonia. just did speed test, 

kaspark10158577_0-1669644571584.png

meanwhile: 

kaspark10158577_2-1669644595685.png

tried downloading with browser, just to see the speed, but it's the same within Creative Cloud Desktop software, under Stock & Marketplace.

Common problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It surely is common they just don't care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dude i wish it was 200KBps for me,it's actuatlly freakin 10KBPS AT MOST,and not just the download but the site as a whole is painfully slow,FIX YOUR STUFF ADOBE 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NGL for the first 3-6 months i was getting great speed's, but after those 6 months its been trash 10-200kbps ever since, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last few days the substance assets website is horrendously slow to download assets.  Its got to a point wheres its taking 3 hours to download a single 300mb asset.  This is not acceptable especially in a  commercial environment like mine.  My download speed is 300mb and every other website I visit is lightning fast, so i know its not my connection, believe me that was the first thing I tested.  Please look into this as a matter of urgency. 

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your valuable feedback !

You're the fifth user over the last two years to report this kind of random issue (main discussion thread about this : https://community.adobe.com/t5/substance-3d-assets-and-community-assets/painfuly-slow-download-speed... )

It's neither normal nor expected behaviour to experience this kind of slow download speed.

We keep monitoring the bandwidth speed and overall website availibility, so far nothing allowed us to identify the possible issue lying under the hood...

All the download logic is fully handled by Amazon servers (AWS S3 bucket, worldwide well known service)

What I can advice is for users having this issue to :

• Share a message on this forum (so we can be aware of the overall impact)
  • Try downloading from another location (with another FAI and same FAI to identify if the FAI is the one responsible for limiting Amazon services bandwidth)
  • Try to reboot your FAI routers / Wifi / Switch device at home : refreshing your internet parameters including potentially your IP adress
  • Keep posting on the forum afterward if you still experience the issue or if it solved by itself after a few days or if doing the above suggestions helped or not

We'll keep monitoring the situation and provide updates if we find relevant information. Having input from impacted users will help to identify the possible root cause and possibly raise the issue to Amazon support with clear data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you have to act like that. "Nobody reports this issue but few like you"

Like it even matters. Everyone pays the same for this why you have to be like this. 

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine. Maybe people don't want to come here and talk to you because of how horrible of support you are and they just prefer to wait for assets to download slowly.

No. You are going to just shame people for reporting an issue by pointing out how rare reports are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Insults are not allowed on this community forum, you've crossed a line a therefore will have a 5 days ban @defaulte136czpfxlty .

The message I carry is very clear : given the current available data we have, no technical issue found on our own infrastructure + 5 users reports in 2 years, we'd like to have more inputs from our user community, with respect and relevant information, to be able to evaluate this issue and find possible solutions.

Right now the best answer we can provide is : the issue lies certainly behind Amazon S3 service, your FAI, your router/wifi configuration (with custom DNS settings for example).

And the more feedback we receive the easiest for us to find a solution and escalate the issue to Amazon support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources