• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Points lost after June 2022? Points lost after cancellation? Discounted price with monthly payment?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Short version:

1. I'm on the Substance 3D Collection plan with monthly payment using the 50% off Launch offer. Is it guaranteed this price won't change for the first 12 payments?

2. I currently have 1211 points, gathered throughout 3.5 years of subscription with Allegorithmic. Will these points disappear after June 2022?

3. Will I lose my points if I cancel the subscription?

4. Where are the exact terms of my current plan?

Let me explain my doubts.

(I know it's a lot, so in advance thank you for your patience)

In the "Transition to Substance 3D Collection at 50% off" e-mail, and at the bottom of the website it leads to, it says the offer is for a year ("one-year term"). But at the bottom of the e-mail confirming my purchase, it says that Adobe has the right to change the plan's price while it's renewed for the next month. Unfortunately that e-mail is in Polish, and I can't find these terms anywhere else (hence question 4).

Also, when I view my Plans on the Adobe Account website, for Photoshop it says "Annual plan, paid monthly", but for Substance 3D Collection it just says "Monthly plan" which has me worried that the price will change in January.

2, 3

In the Allegorithmic transition FAQ it says "Will I lose my Source licensed assets and remaining Source download points when I transition my account? - You will continue to have access to your points until June 2022."

Also, again, at the bottom of the e-mail I received as confirmation of my Substance 3D Collection subscription purchase, it says (in Polish) something like "Unused Points automatically get invalidated after 12 months since their initial assignment. At the moment of ending the subscriptions all unused Points will be lost."

So is it June 2022 for the old Allegorithmic points, and 12 months for each monthly "package" of the new Adobe points?

Also, it says points are lost when subscription ends. There are a few places that contradict this:

But then again in Adobe Substance 3D Assets Terms of Use it says

"4. Effect of Termination. When your subscription and any renewal terms end, you will forfeit all rights to any unused Credits. Pursuant to the license granted to you in section 2 (License) above, you may continue to use any Substance 3D Asset(s) that were downloaded and paid for prior to termination of your subscription, and any such Substance 3D Assets so used remain subject to the Terms."

So I hope you can see why I'm confused.

Again, aside from that one e-mail in Polish that I received as confirmation of my Substance 3D Collection subscription, I cannot find the exact terms of my subscription plan anywhere on the Adobe Account website, like the details mentioned aboved, or how many credits I receive each month (I think it's 50 since that's what's displayed on the Compare plans website, but I can't be sure these were the terms for my plan back when I subscribed).

Again, thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Discussion , Premium Assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

I think there was a mistake in the answer, see added mention in bold:
"Will I lose my Source licensed assets and remaining Source download points when I transition my account? - You will continue to have access to your points on your Substance/allego account until June 2022 if you don't tranfer your points and assets.

If they are transfered they are transfered once and for all!

• BTW, technically, I will still have access to Substance 3D Assets, without an active subscription, just not to the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately I can not answer the questions 1 & 4 as I am from the 3D Assets/Web team and don't know everything about the prices and exact terms of the offers. However I'm sure the adobe support team will be able to answer your questions! But for question 4 yes it is 50 download points per month as you have an individual 3D collection subscription.

For your questions 2 & 3:

• I currently have 1211 points, gathered throughout 3.5 years of subscription with Allegorithmic. Will these points disappear after June 2022?

As you have an individual subscription on the Adobe side and if you also had an indie on on the substance/allego side you can transfer the points you have on your allego/substance account to your Adobe account! It will also transfer the list of licensed assets so you don't license the same asset twice.
You can find more details on how to do that here.

• Will I lose my points if I cancel the subscription?

You will not lose your points if you cancel your subscription, your substance one or your adobe one, as you have an individual subscription!
The 12 months things is a legal obligation in several countries, which means that you are not supposed to have more than on year worth of purchased credits on your account (the maximum number for you would be 12x50=600) however this is not applied at the moment which is why you can get more, and we will make sure to let users know in advance so they can use their points if that is applied in the future.

Please let me know if you have more questions or if things are not clear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. I apologize, as I forgot to mention this one important fact that I've already successfully transferred my points to the Adobe subscription 🙂

My concern is what will happen with them next, again to quote the transition FAQ "Will I lose my Source licensed assets and remaining Source download points when I transition my account? - You will continue to have access to your points until June 2022." Is this also related to the legal obligation you mentioned, and will not be actually applied without a notice in advance?

I'm glad to hear that I won't lose my points if I cancel. However, a note in the e-mail of my (individual) subscription did mention I would lose them, so perhaps that's something that could be fixed as to not scare future subscribers? 🙂

BTW, technically, I will still have access to Substance 3D Assets, without an active subscription, just not to the software, correct?* I'm asking because I'm definitely not considering stopping to use Substance, but rather contemplating whether to continue with the subscription, or perhaps switch to a perpetual license on Steam. *Actually, now that I think about it, only the Collection plan includes both models and materials. If I downgrade to the cheaper subscription, I will only be able to download materials. But if I cancel altogether, I'll be able to download both materials and models?

As for questions 1 and 4, should I wait here for an answer from another member of the support team, or rather ask the questions elsewhere? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there was a mistake in the answer, see added mention in bold:
"Will I lose my Source licensed assets and remaining Source download points when I transition my account? - You will continue to have access to your points on your Substance/allego account until June 2022 if you don't tranfer your points and assets.

If they are transfered they are transfered once and for all!

• BTW, technically, I will still have access to Substance 3D Assets, without an active subscription, just not to the software, correct?

Yes you are correct, and you will be able to use the substance 3D assets if you use the steam version of the software tools.

• Actually, now that I think about it, only the Collection plan includes both models and materials. If I downgrade to the cheaper subscription, I will only be able to download materials. But if I cancel altogether, I'll be able to download both materials and models?

Yes you are correct too!

• For questions 1 and 4, should I wait here for an answer from another member of the support team, or rather ask the questions elsewhere?

Could you please contact the Adobe support via the "contact us" button on adobe.com?

Regarding the mention of losing your points in your email, was that from a Substance email or from an Adobe email? If it comes from the Substance side that is normal since the accounts are not heavily linked and that the system does no know you have an Adobe 3D sub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, everything is clear now 🙂

That e-mail was from Adobe. I'm attaching a screenshot of the main part, so that you can see what kind of e-mail I'm talking about, and a copy of the footer, so that you can translate it from Polish if you wish to investigate.

The part in question starts with the word "Niewykorzystane"; here is the translation from Google:

Unused points for Substance 3D Resources ("Points") are aggregated monthly and carried over to subsequent periods for a maximum of 12 consecutive months, provided that the Adobe Substance 3D Collection or Adobe Substance 3D Texturing plan is renewed on time. Unused Points will automatically expire 12 months from the date they were initially allocated. Upon termination of the subscription, all unused Points will be forfeited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources