Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance 3d billing issue

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesnt seem to post so try again.

I signed up for the half price deal on the Substance 3d package. Basically $25 a month for a year. The first charge was correct. But now my acct shows it will be charging me full price next charge.

Whats going on and how do I contact Adobe support?

Thanks

TOPICS
Technical Support

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

There was indeed an issue with some early subscriptions to the Substance 3D Collection in the backend but this should be resolved now. Your account may still show a larger amount but you will only be charged $25. We're working on contacting other customers who may be in the same situation. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dimeolas7 wrote:

how do I contact Adobe support?

For Adobe Support, contact Adobe Customer Care:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

Type "Agent" to get a human.

Don't respond to someone who PMs you, as scammers frequent forums these days.

Also, can you let us know if you get this resolved? Only customer care can help with billing for Creative Cloud, but I'm not sure how this fits in with the Substance apps, as they are new to Adobe.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

I have had Substance for years. Adobe sent an email on the new Substance. There was a promo for the Substance3d Collection for half price for one year. I signed up for it. The first billing was correct but my acct showed the next billing would be full price. That was wrong and clearly not what I signed up for. I did a chat and the person who helped me either had no clue or lied to me. They claime that product was not available on a monthly basis only yearly and therefore was not available at half price per month. One the substance3d/launch-offer page under where you select coutry/region there is fine print covering this offer. If you follow the link in the promo email (I did) then you get for one year 24.99 for the month to month plan. They need to start honoring these plans or remove them. This is illegal. Tbh if it was any other software but Substance id cancel it all. 

I will not be answering this post. The only other question I have ever asked in the forum was on a PS technique and I was quite rudely harassed. I would write a nice letter to someone who can get this fixed but i dont care to waste the time finding it.

The person I did chat with did switch my plan to the texturing plan as i requested, they did that at least. Odd they had no clue of the promo and didnt even have the decency to go read it.

In any case please get this to someone who might care?

Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dimeolas7 wrote:

I will not be answering this post. ....

In any case please get this to someone who might care?

Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it.

Hi @dimeolas7 

I've posted this in the "Back Room" and asked for staff to follow up. As a user who volunteers on the forums, I cannot help with billing. You don't have to answer me (as you said you wouldn't) but do you still have the email from Adobe? If so, make sure you can find it. Does the link still work? Take a screen shot.

Adobe staff has an Adobe badge with the words "Adobe Employee" and they can look up your account information by your Adobe ID.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was indeed an issue with some early subscriptions to the Substance 3D Collection in the backend but this should be resolved now. Your account may still show a larger amount but you will only be charged $25. We're working on contacting other customers who may be in the same situation. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for recognizing and fixing the problem. I had my service rep change my plan from that one to the texturing plan. basic rule for me is that if doesnt reflect the correct price i'm not doing it. My only other thought was for the rep to have a look after our chat and see i was right and someone get it fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm that the same happened to me, but the problem was resolved after a lengthy online chat with accounts. After initially being told that the discount was for one month only, I cut and paste the offer details into the chat and the advisor went away to check. Then he accepted the offer details and applied them to my account. At first the ongoing charge still showed incorrectly but that has changed and it now shows correctly.

So I would recommend that, should anyone else experience the same issue, contact Adobe accounts, and cut and paste the offer details into the online chat, so that the Adobe advisor can read the offer if he/she was not aware of it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources