Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance not displaying correctly

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don´t know if this is a bug or just me not being able to find the solution. When using this Substance:
https://substance3d.adobe.com/assets/allassets/f2e7ab95ef0f2bcbbf569cbfe56c28bd59221a94?q=Iridescent...
It doesn´t display properly. I´ve tried both in Adobe Sampler and Autodesk VRED, nothing is working (see screenshot attached), it doesn´t show the flakes and iridescence correctly. No matter which settings, environment or parameters, i coulnd´t achieve a look similar to the preview of the substance.
Does anyone have an idea?

I´m running the latest versions and drivers for everything.

TOPICS
Community Assets , Premium Assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Hi,
The MDL file that should be attached to this asset as an additional download is missing, we are looking into it!
The mdl file on top of the regular sbsar/sbs material allows to have a clear coat.
However even with this MDL file you will have to use it in Substance Designer with the IRay render to have the same look as the render on the platform, or use another software which handles MDL files. I don't think it is that common anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,
The MDL file that should be attached to this asset as an additional download is missing, we are looking into it!
The mdl file on top of the regular sbsar/sbs material allows to have a clear coat.
However even with this MDL file you will have to use it in Substance Designer with the IRay render to have the same look as the render on the platform, or use another software which handles MDL files. I don't think it is that common anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources