• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Designer doesn't save selected shader

Participant ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I close Designer, the chosen shader switches back to Adobe Standard Material. So, each time, I have to go back, set the shader to metallic roughness, and, on top of that, I have to re-enter the specific parameters I wanted for this shader.

In my 3D view I have a cube, although I had a plane (hi res).

Why is this happening?

Why doesn't Designer keep my settings?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this happens when I switch between subgraphs, I don't have to exit Designer.

So I'm working on a subgraph, I go back to my main subgraph and everything goes back to default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting an alternative default in Preferences > Projects > 3D View > Default Shader  ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @RoxanaMD,

This is because modifications you made haven't been saved as new Default 3D view. As Dave mentioned, you can check in 

Preferences > Projects > 3D View > Default Shader

to manually select a new one, or you can click on

3D view > Scene > Set Current scene as Default.

Which will set the current scene as the default one.

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed your instructions, and now every project opens with that shader, containing all the maps from the base material I created. However, this isn't what I intended.

Let me make sure I understand: I'm working in two different subgraphs. When I switch back to the first subgraph, the scale and tessellation settings for the shader are reset, and the plane becomes flat. This forces me to readjust these settings every time I go back, which seems unusual given the frequent back-and-forth while working.

Your suggested solution was to set that shader as the default. I did that, and now in the 3D view, I see the base material from when I set the metallic roughness shader as default. However, I only wanted to have that shader for this specific project. Am I missing something?

2024-03-08_12-11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate