• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking straight at side of Shape Extrude result creates an artifact

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am trying to do some height map modelling with the shape extrude, however, when I look at the result there is a gray vertical line going throught the center of the shape that technically should not be there. I have tried everything I can think of to get rid of it but without success.

To repro, just set a shape node of a square as an input, set the shape etrude to use custom input, and set the position to : X = 0.5, Y = 0.0Issue.png

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , General , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

If you open up the Shape Extrude node node (Ctrl+E) you can see how it works, you can do this with many nodes.

The artifact problem stems from a distance node which is set to 0 pixels wide and extends the mask. If you change that pixel width parameter to just 0.001 the artifact is removed. You can then save the sbs as shape_extrude_modified.sbs

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open up the Shape Extrude node node (Ctrl+E) you can see how it works, you can do this with many nodes.

The artifact problem stems from a distance node which is set to 0 pixels wide and extends the mask. If you change that pixel width parameter to just 0.001 the artifact is removed. You can then save the sbs as shape_extrude_modified.sbs

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @davescm , you a hero! I did not know you could ispect almost every node, very interesting! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, there is a bug in the Shape Extrude node, thanks a lot for the report! We will fix it in a coming release. 
You should not have to modifiy default nodes to fix bugs, don't hesitate to continue to report such errors so we can fix them for everybody 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate