Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View Outputs in 3D View - on scene reload doesn't work

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

So I noticed that the option to View Outputs in 3D View after program restart, or scene reload doesn't work for all the machines. It means when the scene is reloaded, you have to manually redo this action for each graph - on some machines.

Is this a Designer preferences issues? Also does this option is available in Python API - as we can't find it there.

Thanks, 

Józef

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell this is not a setting you can change (this is incorrect, see my other comment), though I am focusing myself only on the settings that are available within the software itself, not the config files. I've had it happen too a few times; "relinking" and / or resetting my 3d scene usually fixes this; including the situation in future loads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Józef,

Thank you for reporting this issue, may you share a screen recording demonstrating the issue? This will help be assess accurately the problem.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turns out my previous comment wasn't fully correct: I just learned (courtesy of one of the Adobe employee's on this forum) that there is indeed a setting which can affect the preview behavior, you can find this here ("View outputs in 3D view when opening a graph"). So theoretically that could have an effect.

(figured a new comment was better than simply changing my previous one, especially because I don't mind admitting when I made a mistake).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ShelLuser,

In fairness, this option was added very recently in our 12.2.0 release.

Previously, the settings for the 2D View and 3D View were merged into one. If a user had this option unchecked before updating, the new separated options would be initialised to unchecked to match the previous behaviour selected by the user.

If that option was never changed, its default state is to be checked.

@Józef25072334rj73 please go to Edit > Preferences... > Graph and check the state of the View outputs in 3D view when opening a graph option.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate