• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d design

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do scroll saw work and want to create my own designs such as the chess piece attached. Want to do animals and other artwork as well. Can this be done using Adobes 3d? And then where do I go to learn how? I'm obviously new to this. Thank you

TOPICS
3D View , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Debbie5F85,

If you mean producing 3D models based on these designs, these can indeed be produced using the Substance 3D tools.

Substance 3D Designer may indeed be used to model chess pieces by producing greyscale images which will be used to model the chess pieces using displacement. This project by Clark Coots shows just that.

As you are getting started, I highly recommend checking out our Start 3D series, which is linked in the Resources section of this page under the Guides category. When you are done with the series, check out our First steps with Designer tutorial to jump into this powerful tool!

Let me know if you need anything else in your journey of discovery!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines