• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d Model Graph to 2D Substance Graph

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a way to take a model I've created in a 3D Model graph and output the height of that model to use in a regular substance graph. There doesn't seem to be a straightforward way of doing this. Has anyone tried or can point me in the right direction?

TOPICS
How to , Import & Export , Substance Graph , Substance Model Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Hello @shxsy,

There is currently no way of directly linking mesh data from a Substance model graph into a Substance compositing graph. To achieve your goal, the idea is to export the model then use Designer to bake maps using that model.

First, you need to export the output of the Substance model graph as an FBX or OBJ file. Click RMB on the graph item in the Explorer panel, then select the Export... option to export a 3D scene out of that graph.

Then, link the exported file to your packag

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @shxsy,

There is currently no way of directly linking mesh data from a Substance model graph into a Substance compositing graph. To achieve your goal, the idea is to export the model then use Designer to bake maps using that model.

First, you need to export the output of the Substance model graph as an FBX or OBJ file. Click RMB on the graph item in the Explorer panel, then select the Export... option to export a 3D scene out of that graph.

Then, link the exported file to your package, click RMB on the linked 3D scene resource and select the Bake model information option. You may then bake any map you require and use that map in a Substance compositing graph.

I hope this is helpful!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to revive this question but are there plans to support SBSM files in 2d graphs as linked meshes of some sort? Or if not is there plans to have automatic export to fbx like 2d graphs have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @nateshirey,

There are definitely plans – exciting plans! – to leverage the synergies between Substance compositing graphs and Substance model graphs. This is a significant undertaking we are very much looking forward to, same as you!

In the meantime, I appreciate your patience and feel free to let me know about suggestions or feedback you may have!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines