Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Substance Designer and Perforce version control ISSUES

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!
I am trying to setup the P4V version control for Substance Designer, and unofrtunatly the documentaiton is outdated for lasts versions : 12.4.0 build 6411 commit 089af196 Release (2023-01-25)
I am not able to find the "tools/version_control/perforce.py" ( it was previously under Allegorithmics folders)

Did someone have some update about that ?

Thx a lot

-Jimmy

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Hi Jimmy,

After verification, the file should still be under <Designer installation folder>\tools\version_control

With that being said, the version_control feature you are referring to is a bit outdated (but should still work). We have now implemented a Python API and I'd suggest you to use the version control with your own version control scripts using Perforce and Designer's Python API.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jimmy,

After verification, the file should still be under <Designer installation folder>\tools\version_control

With that being said, the version_control feature you are referring to is a bit outdated (but should still work). We have now implemented a Python API and I'd suggest you to use the version control with your own version control scripts using Perforce and Designer's Python API.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh MY!
Thx a lot, I clearly need to open my eyes ahah
Thx you Cyril ! And have a great day!
-Jimmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines