• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D View showing preview of full Substance window

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "3D VIEW" is showing a preview of the entire Substance window instead of the actual 3d view.  I have tried Scene > Reset, disabling post processing, reinstalling, rebooting.  Nothing causes the 3d view to show anything but a scaled, upside down view of the whole window.  Attachments show what I'm seeing.

How do I fix this?

TOPICS
3D View , Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Will_G,

This is strange indeed!

Please provide me with Designer's log file (Help > Export log file), so I can check a few details about your system and Designer's activity.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Luca Giarrizzo 

The log file is attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Will_G,

Thank you for providing this log file, and for your patience.

The log lists shader compilation errors occurring when initialising the 3D view rendering using OpenGL. This can occur on some system such as MacBook Pro laptops where the GPU does not support enough samplers to compile the default Adobe Standard Material shader. In those cases, Designer should fall back to the PBR Metallic Roughness shader and initialise the 3D View correctly.

However, it appears this is not the case on your system, and the 3D View displays whatever is in the GPU's frame buffer after the errors occur, which happens to be Designer's main window (which is also rendered using OpenGL).

In the 3D View panel, go to Materials > Default > PBR Metallic Roughness > Parallax Displacement, then go to Scene > Save Current Scene State as Default.

Close the 3D View panel and, in the main menu, go to Windows > New 3D View and check that the 3D View panel correctly initializes the rendering of a 3D scene.

Feel free to let me know about the results!

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Luca Giarrizzo 

That sounded promising but did not fix the issue.  I tried restarting the app completely after making the change as well, along with trying a few other materials.  Any other things to try?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Luca Giarrizzo 

I have upgraded to a new system and the 3d view is working on this one.  I also tested the old system without the external GPU and the 3d view started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Will_G,

Thank you for following up with an update, I am glad the issue is solved!

That the GPU was external is a very interesting detail! This is very likely connected to a driver issue and the 3D View defaulting back to whatever was in the framebuffer.

I will keep that detail in mind if any other report similar to yours comes up. Thank you for your help!

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines