• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A crop node without blurring?

Enthusiast ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we have a crop  node that could crop precisely on pixels  and would't add extra blur to result.    So we could crop  exactly 32x2048 pixel  stripe from a square 2048 image , no-rescaling  the pixels into a new size.      With "safe" shift  in XY  to  exact pixel either

I am trying to do one  out of pixel processor or new function    for years.   Still  zero sucsess.  .    Would appriciate  any idea.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Can you please give me more details about this request? If you have a visual sample of what you want to achieve it would really help me to answer your question. Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I want the   crop frame  be set like  256 pixels from zero on X scale to 288  pixels   and same on Y axis  with output side be changing accordingly to 32 pixels wide

Right now if I want to crop  exact 32 pixels wide  vertical stripe  for example  from 2048x2048 image I have to first  enter   50%width   6 times and then  set output size to 32 pix width.

If I want to crop 512k stripe  from same 2048   I do 50%width  only 2 times but now  the offset cant move a frame to a single pixel  at all   and I how to move gizmo  nodes  instead.

It's monstrously inconvenient   and since the gizmo can't  snap to a pixel grid  like in Photoshop  or scale around a defined center of transform  like in Photoshop with exact value input,     I always end up with that gizmo frame border  somewhere in a middle of a pixel  that immediatly results in  blurry result.

I hate  that crop node so much I do it in Photoshop  usually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @kirkr5689,

Have you set the Filtering parameter of the Crop node set to Nearest? By default it is set to Bilinear; which will result in a some blurring in the output image.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is not  the filtering.   I just need to crop a stripe  of  exact pixels from input  without any pixels interpolation whatsoever.    It's tremendously inconvenient  since the shift is not woking in exact pixels  and it always ends up in never ending miss and hit  with that sliders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines