• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A way to re-locate resources folders instead do doing it for each picture?

Enthusiast ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if something is missed  I could  relocate to other drive or folder and  Substane Designer   would find files automaticaly  instead of me  going to  each of of yellow triangles  and do it for evry files one by one ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's something we want to improve in the near future, but for the moment there is no way to relocate several resources at a time, even if they are all in the same directories. We should be smarter, and try to relocate automaticaly all the resources when a user has solved one missing dependency. 

Thanks in advance for your patience 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Man. This is one one those things it's hard to understand. Paths inside a code isn't rocket science, it's a variable. I know that each lanchage deals with path characters in a different way, but this is SO MUCH needed and seems like something would be fixed by a Jr. Coder/dev inside adobe. 

Sorry to sound like a rant, it's just a nightmare to deal with many resources and broken links... And the way the path is saved inside the app TO THE USER, makes no sense... For instance, this is how Substance Designer save the paths : 

D:\Google Drive Bkp\Substance\_Bitmap_Samples\_
     It add a SPACE between folders and on the space it adds a "_". What is this ? Just a lack of a function inside the code that just translates it correctly between the frontend and the backend ? I can't see why this is like that. 
     And if you remove the path, the software should search for the image on the project path, but no. It just say it's broken... No usual way to manage the path works... 
      I really hope Adobe fix this. Probably easy to fix, but probably its far away from a priority... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines