• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Atlas Maker node gone?

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am recently learning how atlas work.  I remember that there has a video that Wes has made back in Designer  5.0 that talks about atlas.  Found out that there has this Atlas Maker node back then.  I wonder where is it now or it has been renamed to something else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwv4vPvVju4

TOPICS
General , How to , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php?topic=5840.0
the link in there no longer works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings -

In regards to the Atlas Maker for designer, has the been updated for version 12? Some of the base functionality, such as updates in the 2D view when attaching PBR textures to the AM node, no longer works. You can no longer see updates to the material tile, for example, in the 2D windowScreenshot 2022-10-02 013550.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It updates OK here in 12.2.1

Right click on the Atlas node and set the 2D output to Base Color.

In 2D view make sure that show checkerboard is checked at the bottom of the 2D window.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question - this tutorial has you using stock PBRs that are included with SD. Naturally, I want to use the PBRs that I want. How does one integrate their own PBRs into this texture atlas workflow? I know that I can simply import bitmaps for each PBR into the graph, but I want them as one node just as the ones that ship with SD so as to use them with this atlas maker. (Mind you I'm rather new to SD.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can drag an sbs or sbsar onto the graph and plug its outputs into the other nodes

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm -thanks for responding. Another newbie question - I'm following Adobe's tutorials for the Atlas Maker and it looks as if they want you to create material blenders to combine the AM's for each texture. I'd like to increase the resolution of the material blenders to accomodate more textures. When I try to do so using the base paramater "output size" for the blend, it increases the size of the textures also; I'm simply wanting to increase the resolution of the blend ONLY and not the textures contained within. Is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the ouput size of the Atlas maker nodes to the overall resolution you require and then set the material blend to relative to input

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question - I used some of the textures in substance painter and they're not available in designer. Is there a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AtlasMaker node does not allow for opacity input. Is there an update to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'The AtlasMaker node does not allow for opacity input. Is there an update to fix this?'

You could adapt it yourself. Many nodes can be opened in Substance designer to see how they work either directly, or by using Ctrl+E. If they are locked use 'Save a copy As' the do the same. This allows you to create custom versions of nodes for your own use. It is also a good way of finding how some nodes work internally.

Use of textures from Substance Painter in Designer is just a matter of importing them to your library.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't suppose anyone might know where I could download the Atlas Maker node (it does not appear in any of the above links), or if there is any other tool with that kind of functionality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They may have taken it down.  I've attached it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines