Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad gradients, creating stepping in every texture

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I havent had this problem in the past, but all my textures are having super harsh gradients. Making this program literally unusable. I will have pictures of a very simple setup. 

This picture is the graph, creating a very simple rock shapeGraph.png

This is showing the AO to kinda depict what is going on AO.png

This is being cased by the base shape having harsh stepping. I have tried applying blurs and everything and it doesnt work stepping.png

Thank you for all the help, i really need to fix this soon. 

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , General , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Version 12.2.1 has now been released and includes a fix for the issue where parameters such as bit depth were not being inherited correctly

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at your slope blur. It is using 8 bits/channel which  is not enough for smooth heightmaps. It is not inheriting the 16 bits from the previous nodes.

There is a bug affecting inheritance in the current version which Adobe have confirmed they will be fixing in a coming release. In the meantime, as a workaround, you can go to Edit - Preferences -Graph and enable In Context Editing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 12.2.1 has now been released and includes a fix for the issue where parameters such as bit depth were not being inherited correctly

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I'll try the process out without modifying  the graphs bits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines