• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I make a new input parameters preset a default one somehow?

Enthusiast ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make my own material blend and multi material blend  nodes and would like a new preset become default one when I drop the nodes in  graph pane.    Is there a way to do so ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

With the material blend node selected use Ctrl+E to open the graph

In the Explorer panel, right click on the material _blend .sbs and Save a Copy as . I named my copy material_blend_dave.sbs

Open this copy and click on the material blend graph.

Scroll down the input paramaters opening each in turn and turn on/off the default setting to hide or show each. e.g. twirl open Channels | Diffuse (Boolean) and set Default to False. 

Continue for the other channels as required

Save this copy sbs

Use

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just set the default values to match one of the presets.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain please.  Whatever I set in default setting  the buttom 'update' is gray. I can't sae new default .

Fotr example I want MAterial blend  node to  have 3 textures : base color, normal, specular  input/output only.   I can save it as a  new preset   but evry time I drop the node it cames in its default state and I have to switch to 3 textures  preset evry time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the material blend node selected use Ctrl+E to open the graph

In the Explorer panel, right click on the material _blend .sbs and Save a Copy as . I named my copy material_blend_dave.sbs

Open this copy and click on the material blend graph.

Scroll down the input paramaters opening each in turn and turn on/off the default setting to hide or show each. e.g. twirl open Channels | Diffuse (Boolean) and set Default to False. 

Continue for the other channels as required

Save this copy sbs

Use it in your new Substance graph, it should open with just the inputs and outputs you set.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines