• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I scale up beyond 5 somehow in shape splatter?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to modifiy "max pattern liberty" but it doesn't help. I see a kind of square frame that crops  the shape.

How can I modify the shape splatter the way it wouldn't crop while upscaling beyond  standard 5 value?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If you are referring to the Scale parameter in the Size group, then this parameter is indeed hard clamped to 5.0 as a maximum value. You may tweak the scale of the input pattern before passing it to the Shape splatter node if you need a wider scale value range which could be achieved using the [0,5] scale multiplier range.

If I misunderstood the request, please include screenshots demonstrating the issue.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kirkr5689_1-1628320617041.png

I know I could make  cubes bigger by switching to 4/8 in X/Y amount   but works with integer values  not smooth and also re-shaffle things.   What if I'd like to  increase the size subtly  with evrything staying  as it is .    Maybe scale to 6?. As you can see  I can't make the input bigger alredy.     Is there anything in the pixel processors inside that I could do to pass 5 limit without frame cropping ?    Like I could do in older scatterer with fx maps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you avoid that repeating square boundary by using shape splatter in a square then cropping the output? That would allow you to increase the scale of the Cube 3D node to make the blocks bigger without having that boundary.

2021-08-07_15-17-18.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it's wat I always did befor   but now it's not actually cubes but rather pretty complex rocks  with it's own  big graphs.  They work slow as hell in square format .  My guess it shuold be quicker with fewer pixels.

Besides I neeed to overcame this 5 limit in  Atlas scatter  where I have to do actuall scatter in twice bigger resolution due to terrible alpha/aliazing problems.   There this 5 limit just doesn't allow to reach  necessary scatter density on any non square texture.

I am alredy broke my head trying to figure out where this 5 limit is hard codded in pixel porcessors and how to lift it a bit.    Up to a point I did my own scatter with 4 synched fx-map based : depth ,U,V and ID  channels .   But they turned even more slow  than original Scatterers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines