• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can SD handle non-square textures (1:2 ratio) and how can I set up my graph?

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm on Windows 10 and my SD is the 11.2.2 (the 11.3 is downloaded and being installed as I write)

I'm making a bark texture and I need it to be 1:2 ration (e.g. 2048 px width and 4096 px height). 

I set up my graph with 2k x 4k resolution, thinking that was how it was done. However, I realised quickly that the 3D view was displaying incorrectly: stretching the width of my texture to make its ratio 1:1 and tile it once on both the u and v axis of the UVs. I thought there would be an option to change the tiling settings in the parameters of the 3D view, but didn't find one that would let me have a different tiling number on the u and v axis. 

During my search, I also realised that actually, my 2k x 4k texture was just a 2k x 2k texture repeated twice vertically. My tile random node just repeated the same pattern 2 times vertically.

Ledifen_0-1640039034349.png

Is it possible to create a 1:2 texture within Substance Designer (with no repetition of the v axis)? If yes, how do I do it?

Any help is appreciated, 

Thank you and have a good day.

TOPICS
3D View , General , How to , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Ledifen,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I cannot observe the tiling you showed in the Tile random node.

Adobe_Substance_3D_Designer_ahhhih9Zu2.png

This issue may be specific to your graph setup. Can you share the Substance 3D file (SBS) related to this issue? This will help me assess this matter accurately.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello, thanks for your answer. The problem somewhat solved itself... ? At
one point when I reopened the graph it was okay. It's a mystery to me,
perhaps I saw wrong. It's always possible that I made a mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines