• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't export Substance Model Graph, keeps failing

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a mesh made in Substance 3D designer as a Substance 3D model file. However, upon exporting, I get an error message.

Here are the steps I'm taking and the error message I'm getting as a result: 

I create a mesh inside the new Substance model graph, and I have a node set as the 'root' of the graph. I go to export the mesh as a Substance 3d model file (by right-clicking the graph in the explorer tab, clicking export, save as Substance 3d model file) Then I get this error message:

"Failed to export graph (Error: 'PreprocessFailed')"

Anyone know what to do here?

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Import & Export , Substance Graph , Substance Model Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Thanks for your reply Dave. For the moment, I seem to have fixed it by changing the display name on one of the exposed variables in my scene. I can't seem to repeat the issue any more. Very strange 0_o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Hello @Mark Keller,

Have you set up custom soft/hard ranges for your exposed parameter's values? This error can appear if a parameter's default value is out of its soft/hard range.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Hello @mistfall@Mark Keller and @Douglas5E19,

Substance 3D Designer 11.2.2 is now live, and includes a fix for this export issue.

Please give this version a try and let us know about the results. Thank you for your patience!

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show your graph and I'll try and reproduce it here. I've not seen that error so far.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Dave. For the moment, I seem to have fixed it by changing the display name on one of the exposed variables in my scene. I can't seem to repeat the issue any more. Very strange 0_o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll mark your answer as correct. If it happens again we can try again 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error.

"Failed to export graph (Error: 'PreprocessFailed')"

Attempting to export a Model Graph as a .sbsm file. I went through all my naming conventions, and nothing stood out as odd. Could you elaborate exactly what you were looking for in the naming convension in the exposed variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mark Keller,

Have you set up custom soft/hard ranges for your exposed parameter's values? This error can appear if a parameter's default value is out of its soft/hard range.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply to @Mark Keller, Luca

I had the same problem and I did have a parameter out of the soft range.  Changing the range fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad this was helpful @mistfall!

We will improve on the management of ranges so that the soft range automatically adjusts to both fit within the hard range and include the default value

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mistfall@Mark Keller and @Douglas5E19,

Substance 3D Designer 11.2.2 is now live, and includes a fix for this export issue.

Please give this version a try and let us know about the results. Thank you for your patience!

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having this issue, I followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFp6qCJYh_s and placed every parameter as specified, but it's giving me the same error, even if there is only one variable. I am able to export only if no variable is exposed.

juanferdiaz_0-1642450631909.png

juanferdiaz_1-1642450691733.png

juanferdiaz_2-1642450761910.png

I'm using the most recent version of the application. Thanks for your help!

juanferdiaz_3-1642450787022.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you remove your parameter does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, removing all parameters let me export correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Indeed, there is an issue where Substance model graphs cannot be exported if any of their exposed parameters have defined soft/hard ranges.

Another bug prevents the publishing to Substance 3D asset (SBSAR) of packages which include a Substance model graph.

Both of these issues are fixed internally, and will not be present in our next bugfix release, version 11.3.2, which will be available soon. I thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines