• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Publish .sbsr files with a preset - error?

Participant ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've exposed parameters and created presets in the past with no problem and if I create a graph from scratch I don't have a poblem creating presets but, I've exported a Sampler file to Designer, exposed a colour node and made a preset. When I publish it as sbsar file I get an error message.

[ERROR][Cooker]Parameter: Unknown parameter type
[WARNING][Cooker]Input type is unknown in parameter normal_format of preset white. [2]
[ERROR][Cooker]Compositing: Input bridge not found
... (repeated 15 more times)
[ERROR][SBSCooker]Input type is unknown in parameter normal_format of preset white.
[ERROR][SBSCooker]Cooking fail [Error 13]

I don't really understand why since if I make the graph from the same image files in Designer and create the presets it woks fine. I have to be honest that error log doesn't really help me at all. So how can I fix it? I'd really like to be able to export from Sampler and create presets because I created a lot of graphs that got lost, I'm only left with the sbsar file that don't have any custom properites.

Thanks

TOPICS
Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Hi @jimm7497115,

Thanks for your patience.

After investigation, it seems that there is an issue in the data that Sampler send to Designer. Thank you for your feedback, the problem has been brought to the design team.

In the meantime, if you don't need it, I would suggest deleting the graph input that is causing the issue (nomal format) and reset the normal format parameter in the SBSAR node. Once both of these steps are done, publishing the SBSAR should work perfectly.

And if you need th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us! May you share the Substance 3D file (SBS) causing the issue so I may investigate it?

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've got sbsar files that I made last year, I made them from images I'd created in photoshop. I made sbs files but, didn't add presets. After a serious crash on my computer I lost the sbs files and I wanted to add presets to the sbsar file that I use in Marvelous Designer. I opened the sbsar file in Sampler and exported to Designer added the presets but, it won't publish the sbsar file. It just gives errors that just seem wrong. If I create image files from Sampler or Painter and then import those images to Designer I create presets without any problem whatsoever so it's obviously nothing I'm doing wrong. So why can't I publish presets as sbsar file from a Designer file exported from Sampler? Is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is from a separate thread that's been moved here. I didn't add this. TBH, if I'd know it was going to take this long to get an answer I wouldn't have posted. I'm here because I was going to post another question but, I won't bother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jimm7497115,

Thanks for your patience.

After investigation, it seems that there is an issue in the data that Sampler send to Designer. Thank you for your feedback, the problem has been brought to the design team.

In the meantime, if you don't need it, I would suggest deleting the graph input that is causing the issue (nomal format) and reset the normal format parameter in the SBSAR node. Once both of these steps are done, publishing the SBSAR should work perfectly.

And if you need this parameter, recreating it in Substance 3D Designer should also solve the issue.

For unusual problems like this one, I know the investigation can take some time, but please, if you have any other question about Substance Designer, feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you. I will do that.

Thanks

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines