• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can use model graph to make displaced meshes?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using SD to make rock materials and I'd like to generate a mesh that matches the material. Is it possible to use a Substance height map output to displace a plane in a model graph? Seems like a common need but I can't seem to find a way to do this.

Thanks,

Brett

TOPICS
Substance Model Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brett,

It is currently not possible to use bitmaps to drive a input in a Substance model graph.

That being said, you can export a displaced mesh out of the 3D view and use it as an input in a Substance model graph. You can learn more about using custom meshes in Substance model graphs here and here.

I hope this is helpful!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Luca. Unfortuantely that doesn't seem to work on Mac? Any idea when export will be available on Mac? Any plans to add bitmap displacement to model graphs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again,

The current implementation of the feature uses OpenGL and was not stable enough on macOS for public release. We may revisit this in the future as graphics technology on macOS systems advance, but have no plans to share at this point in time.

We do have plans however for bitmap-driven displacement – and other uses of bitmaps – in Substance model graphs, but again no plans to share currently. We have barely scratched the surface of what we want to do with Substance models, stay tuned!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines