Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Decimal Key in Substance Designer

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Substance Designer with Polish Keyboard layout and language set to "English" in Substance Designer. The problem is when i press decimal symbol on numeric keyboard I got "," (which is native for polish keyboard layout) insted of ".". However Substance Designer is not accepting "," as decimal symbol and keep ignoring it. Is there an option to change it? All other softwares I use does not have this problem: Blender, Photoshop, even Substance Painter accept "," and automatically change it to ".".

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dot-coma-designer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Piotr,

Indeed, this is a known limitation in Designer. I have made a note of your feedback and will raise this issue again with the team.

In the meantime, you may add your vote to this feature request on our feedback UserVoice.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious? 6 years and such thing not added?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: I can't login there and it says its finished on Feb 19 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand this is frustrating. While it may indeed appear a simple change, it is a technically challenging task because of the many underlying repercussions it has on the way data is handled in Designer.

For the time being, the risk is far greater than the reward and we do not want to compromise the reliability of the software nor the user's data.

I appreciate your patience until we figure out a way to implement this safely and reliably.

Best regards.

PS: Indeed, the UserVoice request has been closed. My apologies for not noticing that. In any case, your feedback was shared with the team internally.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines