• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash when pressing space to open node list

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a consistently reproducable crash when pressing space to open the node list while editing a pixel processor graph. This crash has been introduced since I've added a wacom cintiq 22 to my system. My suspicion is the crash is display/dpi related, as the node list occasionally displays at high dpi seemingly at random since installing the cintiq. I can confirm that restarting my system and booting with the cintiq disconnected eliminates the crash. This is a critical blocker for my workflow. 

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello James,

Indeed, the crash appears to be related to the display configuration.

We had other reports of crashes occurring when displaying the Node menu on multi-display configurations which use scaling. In that case, the Node menu can be created at invalid coordinates, resulting in a crash.

For the time being, you may delete Designer's registry preferences to reset the positions of all windows after connecting the Cintiq 22 pen display to the system:

• Close Designer
  • Open the Command prompt application
  • Copy the following line into the command line and press Enter to delete system-specific settings for Designer, including its interface layout:
    reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/Adobe Substance 3D Designer" /f

I understand this workaround is not ideal. The issue was reported to the rest of the development team. I appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines