• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cryptomatte node for SD?

Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonder if anyone ever managed to do a node that extract masks  from a cryptomatte exr  rendered in 3d soft ?       Is it at all possible in SD? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I misunderstand, can you not use one or more color to mask nodes to grab the matte you want?

Mark_Edwards_0-1656913984144.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cryptomatte format uses both coloured masks and metadata to identify the masks. The coloured part is easy within Designer, I have not seen anything that would access the metadata.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I want is to get a proper masks with  accurate edges and gray values , not just  binary,    only cryptomatte exrs are providing.    For a smoke  for example .  Is  matadata necessary for this ?   Sorry, I don't undestand well enought how it works in compositing soft.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines