• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

custom henrringbone node error

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I'm new to the designer and I decided to make a simple herringbone node, the idea is that the external "brick" has its dimensions changed by me to suit the pattern and it was working correctly with the brick I created for preview, I used a multi switch to choose between the "default" and a custom one but when I put the custom one it doesn't work right (follow the print, I use in a test graph the node created using the same brick of the preview, it is a ctrl+c ctrl+v than it's inside the node and it's still not working, I'm sending the node in case anyone wants to see it)

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , General , Substance Graph , Substance Model Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Hello @se bem me226843968vo5,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

In the graph you kindly shared, the Transformation 2D node only impacts the default pattern, however the transformation is accounted for in the Tile Generator node downstream, which means the custom input which does not include this transformation in its stream will result in patterns overlapping each other in the Tile Generator output.

A simple adjustment would be moving the Transformation 2D node so it is placed after the Mu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there are other methods and I even made a more complex node with this type of pattern, but this simple one is not working and is making me intrigued

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @se bem me226843968vo5,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

In the graph you kindly shared, the Transformation 2D node only impacts the default pattern, however the transformation is accounted for in the Tile Generator node downstream, which means the custom input which does not include this transformation in its stream will result in patterns overlapping each other in the Tile Generator output.

A simple adjustment would be moving the Transformation 2D node so it is placed after the Multi Switch node, so its transformation is applied regardless of the selected input.

herringbone-graph-tweaked.png

This is the result:

herringbone-graph-tweaked-result.png 

If I misunderstood the issue, feel free to provide more details and screenshots.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh thanks, never thought the problem was this node

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am glad this was helpful.

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance, and have fun with the Substance 3D tools!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines