Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Darker stripes added to height map

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,
I am having difficulty getting my height map rendered properly. Ill tell you what steps I took. What I am trying to do is create a Dragon body in ZBrush, but the problem lies within (at least I think) Substance designer.

1. I made a simple cylinder in 3ds Max and added UV's to it. I stored this as "base_cylinder".

2. I made a copy of the cylinder and gave it a shape with the Path modifier so it would have the shape of a dragon's body in terms of bends. I then saved this as "dragon_body". The UV's are not modified!

3. I opened the "dragon_body" file in ZBrush and sculpted the scales on it. I then exported this as "dragon_body_model".
4. I opened Substance Designer and linked my cylinder "base_cylinder". I then baked the "dragon_body_model" into it and generated a "height map" of 4096x4096.

5. I applied the "height map" as a "Displacement map" in ZBrush to my "dragon_body". This was just a standard cylinder with some bends in it, but now, after applying the displacement map, it looks perfectly fine from start to end like the scales that I sculpted.

That means that the height map is succesfully generated and it is working. The only weird thing is that it hard "darker lines" across the .PNG file. I will attach the file for you to see.

Can anyone tell me where those dark lines are comming from? I mean, everything is fine at the moment except for those darker lines that destroy my model now.

Been trying to get this fixed for the past three days now, so I really am hoping anyone here knows the solution.

TOPICS
Bakers , Substance Graph , Substance Model Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?