Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

designer/node information

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

you know when we drag out a new connection from a node, the node list pops-up. and in this list the nodes available are specific to the node connected to the connection we just created? well i was wondering if this information is available? i would like to work on a plugin that utilises this information.

regards,
phil

TOPICS
General , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Phil,

Thanks for the message,

This list is made so it only show you the same type nodes: Color - Color, Grayscale - Grayscale

The info isn't available and sorting it through the Python API could be a complicated task.

Out of curiosity, what do you want to achieve with the list?

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh is it just color > color, grayscale > grayscale? i didnt catch onto that! my bad.

and in the somewhat near future i want to start working on smart(intuitive) plugins, whereas now im working on "fast"  plugins of which its main goal is to speed up the workflow. and i thought when i get around to working on the smart plugins, having such info like knowing what nodes specifically can be connected to a selected node (maybe stored in a json file?) at my disposal would be invaluable.

regards,

phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines