Exit

Error 205

Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Substance Designer Painter, Stager

Stager runs fine,

Designer, Painter keep generating error 205 messages.

Have installed , uninstalled, rebooted, logged in to ACC, logged out.

No Joy.

I am signed into my ACC subscription. I have signed out. I have signed in, have signed out.

It appears that Substance app is not finding my subscription.

I cannot even sign in our out from the app. I keep getting the error code 205 popup.

Selecting the contact support brings up a 404 page error.

I have disabled my Anti-virus many times

I have tried different browsers.

Anyone?   Anyone?  Bueller???

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Error code 205 .....................   not.

Adobe can you update your trouble shooting database files.

Adobe 205 code can be solved very easily if generated by running any Substance app.

Install software. Try to run software. Wait for error code 205. 

At this point ACC is completely confused.

SOLUTION:

Log out of ACC 

Reboot your machine.

Log back into ACC

Everyone is a happy camper, Including me.

Glad to help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Hi jbm,

I had reported the same earlier:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/substance-3d-designer/issues-on-first-launch/td-p/12187180

I contacted customer care via chat and they gave me the solution right away (log out/in of the CC desktop app). Glad you got it sorted, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the sign-in/out solution and that did not resolve my issue. What did was use the latest Adobe Cleaner Tool app to remove the apps. Once the apps were removed I restarted the device and reinstalled the Adobe apps the issue was resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The IT guy at work fixed the problem, dont know what he did. I don't have administrator rights on my work computer. So I am unable to use Adobe cleaner and uninstall and reinstall the Adobe apps. Cheers Michael.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone still has trouble with this, go to the users' keychains (Mac) and delete the secure notes that Adobe generates - Each adobe app generates keychain items, and sometimes if they duplicate, the keychain doesn't know which one to use - so as soon as the user opens up the app in question, it will instantly give you a 205 error message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a mac, go to https://helpx.adobe.com/de/download-install/kb/fix-licensing-error-205.html and try Solution 2. It worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

os OX go to terminal and type:

security dump-keychain | grep -i "Adobe App Info \|Adobe App Prefetched Info" | grep -i svce | awk -F "=" '{print $2}' | cut -d '"' -f2 | while read -r line; do security delete-generic-password -s "$line" > /dev/null ; done

worked like a charm for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Potential Fix for Windows 11 Users (Possibly 10):

Create a New User in Windows with no linked Microsoft Email Account. Local Only. Make sure it has a password. I gave my account Admin rights but removed them later on so it may not be necessary.

Once you have an account created login to it and make sure Creative Cloud and Photoshop work. As long as they do you can log out and switch to your primary account again.

Create a custom shortcut to Creative Cloud and place it on your desktop.

Go to Properties on the new Shortcut, in the Shortcut tab click Advanced and check "Run as Administrator", then go back to the main screen and change the target to match the following format, with your unique domain, username, and path:
C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /savecred /user:DOMAIN\USERNAME "X:\PATH\TO\Creative Cloud.exe"

Run the shortcut as Admin and input the password for the account in the CMD prompt window and press ENTER

If the icon shows generic you can fix this by clicking Change Icon in properties and point to the original Creative Cloud exe. Photoshop should now work fine when you launch 

OS: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview Build 25905.rs_prerelease.230707-1739

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines