Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exposed parameters in dependency not show up in main graph

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I came across an issue about exposed parameters. I added some exposed parameters in the dependency .sbs file and I realize those parameters show up in the right "input parameter " list, however, when I go back to main .sbs file that use this dependency, the input parameter list does not include these new added exposed parameters from dependency. Could you please give me some suggestion about that?

Thanks 

TOPICS
How to , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

If you are using a graph instance (A) inside another graph (B) and want the parameters exposed as part of the top level (B) graph then you need to expose them there also, not just in the graph instance.

Click on the node for the graph instance and go to input parameters. You should see the parameters you exposed in that graph (A). Then expose them in the main graph (B).

Note : There are certain parameters which will not be exposed in an exported SBSAR - see limitations in the section linked be

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing, the exposed parameters in the dependecy I want to add is part of parameters from a tile generator instead of a separate input node. I also tried to add an separate input node as expsoed parameter in dependency it still does not show in main sbs file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using a graph instance (A) inside another graph (B) and want the parameters exposed as part of the top level (B) graph then you need to expose them there also, not just in the graph instance.

Click on the node for the graph instance and go to input parameters. You should see the parameters you exposed in that graph (A). Then expose them in the main graph (B).

Note : There are certain parameters which will not be exposed in an exported SBSAR - see limitations in the section linked below:

https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/sddoc/exposing-a-parameter-102400062.html

Dave

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines