Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fibers, fur

Participant ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Playing around with Designer, I can't find a way to solve this little problem : playing with normal, height noise  and/or fiber, I can't manage to make a short hair effect or add some kind of fiber ruggedness to fabric. I thought about an alternative as some kind of glitter as for velvet but I'm not too sure about the parameters that generate glitters/sparklings. Any hint?

TOPICS
General , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show an image of the material you are trying to emulate?

Glitter can be achieved using the metallic and roughness channels.

For velvet, I have usually turned to a separate shader such as Blender's Velvet shader, although you can download a 'Velvet Iridescant'  material from Adobe 3D assets as an SBS file, which you can open and see how they have approached the simulation of such a material

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, I try to get something that could look close enough from a wool carpet texture (as a persian carpet for example). But I failed to get anything close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I meant was - do you have a close up photograph of a real life material that you are trying to emulate?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

 Hello,

It's not exactly that, but close from what I'm looking for. As you can see it's kinda velvet like but with a bit a "hair" effect.

s_harmoha-12bur-closeup_530x.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines