• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fit object exactly

Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping I could get some help on this issue; I'm attempting to follow a tutorial, the issue I'm having is based on this scene, I cannot get the output of the height node or the node graph in general to fit proportionally to wheather it's a grid or a round cube.  I want the output of the height node to literally fit perfectly, whereas where it's black there is no height and where it's levels of gray to white it's raised with white being the highest point.  

Although when you see the results of the height map output on a round cube or a grid, it doesn't fit proportionally, is there a way to get the 2D view to fit that of the 3D view ? 

TOPICS
3D View , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

A material normally tiles left edge against right edge and top edge against bottom edge. So when on a 3x3 grid the joins can be made invisible

However when a cube is unwrapped, on eight of the edges that tiling works but there are four edges which have an additional requirement over and above that left to right and top to bottom tiling.  For those edges the top meets the left, the top meets the right, the bottom meets the left and the bottom meets the right. To make all those joins tile seamlessly, as well as the other eight, then you will need to bring additional symmetry into your material.

2021-12-08_13-58-27.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines