• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

getGraphExportOptions callback in Python API?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing a custom script for Substance Designer and want to use the Python API rather than the soon-to-be-deprecated scripting feature. Where can I find the functionality of the getGraphExportOptions callback in the Python API? I see the other four callbacks (related to file save and file load) but nothing related to the export options. Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , How to , Import & Export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is no equivalent to the getGraphExportOptions in the API. There are some technical reasons that make it hard to add a similar callback.

Everything that is needed to implement your own graph export is available in the API.

It is extra work but in some cases writing your own has extra benefits. For example you could add validation steps before exporting or maybe publishing the exported textures in an asset manager.

Est.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Est,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've begun an alternate implementation using the API.

Marianne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines