• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Had a Substance Designer license, but i unistalled and then reinstalled the program

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

I have a student substance designer and painter license that was due to expire somewhere in april 2022.

I unistalled the program and then reinstalled it after a while, and now things seem to have changed and i don't know where to put the license to reactive the program as a student.

Now i only have the 30 day trial. Does anyone know how to i get back to the 1 year sub?

Ty

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Hi,

There are three editions of Substance 3D Designer:

• The application which is part of the new Adobe Substance 3D subscriptions, which is downloaded through the Creative Cloud Desktop application
  • The 'Substance edition', which is a standalone application available as an installer package through the My Licenses section of the Substance3d.com website. This version should be used if you have a Substance3d.com subscription – i.e. the subscriptions which were sold before the launch of the Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If you are using the Substance edition of Substance 3D software, you can open the Help menu and select the Manage license option to open the Licenses window.

In this window, start the Activation wizard to go through the steps of using your Substance3d.com account to activate your software.

Let me know if that helped or if you have any other questions.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Excuse my ignorance, but "Substance edition"?

Im using the Adobe Substance 3D Designer since i couldn't find the previous Substance Designer to be downloaded anymore. In the Substance 3D there is no option to Manage license.

Is there a way to download the former?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are three editions of Substance 3D Designer:

• The application which is part of the new Adobe Substance 3D subscriptions, which is downloaded through the Creative Cloud Desktop application
  • The 'Substance edition', which is a standalone application available as an installer package through the My Licenses section of the Substance3d.com website. This version should be used if you have a Substance3d.com subscription – i.e. the subscriptions which were sold before the launch of the Adobe Substance 3D subscriptions
  • The 'Steam edition', which is available exclusively through Steam with a perpetual license.

Interoperability features, such as Send to Painter and Send to Sampler, are absent from the Substance and Steam editions.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, that clarifies a lot

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am glad! Feel free to let met know if you have other questions regarding Substance 3D Designer.

Have fun with the Substance 3D tools!

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines