• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i get this pattern?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need to get this oil streaking effect. I know there are a few procedurals that create circular patterns but i need these pararrel lines of different thicknesses and in different clusters etc. Its not the colour as that should be easier enough. its the white lines that are running vertical. i have tired to make lines and use a directional warp but i cant get the randomness and the different thicknesses. any help would be amazing. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Hello @defaultcga33rhbozw7,

warped_lines_graph.pngYou can plug an Anisotropic noise node into a Quantize grayscale node. The former will generate lines of random grayscale values, while the latter will reduce the overall palette, which will merge some lines together and thus generate the randomness in line thickness.

Connect the result to an Directional warp with a high Intensity value – i.e. beyond the default soft range, by manually editing the numerical value.

warped_lines_result.pngThis is the result of the example graph above.

I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @defaultcga33rhbozw7,

warped_lines_graph.pngYou can plug an Anisotropic noise node into a Quantize grayscale node. The former will generate lines of random grayscale values, while the latter will reduce the overall palette, which will merge some lines together and thus generate the randomness in line thickness.

Connect the result to an Directional warp with a high Intensity value – i.e. beyond the default soft range, by manually editing the numerical value.

warped_lines_result.pngThis is the result of the example graph above.

I hope this is helpful! Feel free to get back to me in this thread if you need further advice.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines