• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you add emissive map to substance designer

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add an emissive map to my base material in substance desinger but I cant seem to do that.

Onanefe22434480cwk4_0-1640783325000.pngOnanefe22434480cwk4_1-1640783343091.png

in my 3D veiw when I go to, Material > Default > Edit, I have this

Onanefe22434480cwk4_2-1640783604333.png

but it makes the whole object glow and I cant find a way to add an emisive texture to control what it glows.

I've tried looking online and I could only find help with substance painter stuff which is not what I want since I am using designer. 

If someone could help me with this that would be awesome.

Thanks 🙂

TOPICS
How to , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Hi

If you just want to add an emissive output to a graph then just add an output node, change the identifier and Label to Emissive and plug whatever you like into it.

However, if you want to add an emissive output to the Base Material node that you show in your example above then there are some extra steps:

1. Right click on the base material node and open reference (or Ctrl+E)

2. Add an output node to that reference graph and set the identifier to emissive and Label to Emissive

Set usage to e

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you just want to add an emissive output to a graph then just add an output node, change the identifier and Label to Emissive and plug whatever you like into it.

However, if you want to add an emissive output to the Base Material node that you show in your example above then there are some extra steps:

1. Right click on the base material node and open reference (or Ctrl+E)

2. Add an output node to that reference graph and set the identifier to emissive and Label to Emissive

Set usage to emissive

Set visible if to input["pbr_workflow"]==0

Set Group to Material

3. Duplicate an existing input node (e.g. roughness) and change the identifier to emissive_input and the label to Emissive. Also change Visible If to input["user_emissive"] && input["pbr_workflow"]==0

4. Connect the input emissive node to the output emissive node

5. For the graph paramaters add an additional parameter  User-Defined Maps | Emissive (Boolean) by clicking on add input parameter and setting the new parameter to :

Identifier user_emissive

Type Boolean

Label Emissive

Group User-Defined Maps

You could save that amended version as pbr_base_material with Emmision.sbs for future use.

You should now have the additional input and output that you need  by setting User Defined Maps - Emissive for the node to "True"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for responding it really helps alot. I opened the base material reference graph but its telling me I can't edit it because the package is read only, how do I change that? 

Bluefart_0-1640860537512.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save a Copy of the graph then open and edit that.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines