• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How export all output in a single psd with the Python API

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently using the soon to be depreacted scripting API with the getGraphExportOptions callback but are starting to switch to the new Python API.

But the only way I found to export is with the function sd.tools.export.exportSDGraphOutputs but this function seam to export all output in different files with the pattern $graph_$output instead of a single psd with all the output on different layers.

How can we get the same output format with the Python API?

TOPICS
Import & Export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There is currently no way to export graph outputs to a multi-layer PSD file using the Python API.

At this point in time, you need to pass the exported files to another API or toolkit to build a PSD file using Python. I understand this is not as convenient as it could be!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's planned to add this support in a future version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Writing the psd ourself is not simple since it's not a open format. Even online exisitng lib have very limited support.

Having the same feature as the old API available in the new API before the old API is removed would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick and easy way to side step all those issues would be to allow us to trigger the opening of the existing GraphExportOptions dialog from the Python API and passing it the dest folder and file format.

The dialog already do all what we want: export multi-layer psd, allow the selection of which output to include in the psd and the exported format of each output.

Want we really need is not to control how the psd is created, the designer export already do that. We need a way to do a little bit extra work just before the export. In the old API it was hook on the getGraphExportOptions callback, but that is not available in the new Python API. But is there other hook triggered just before an export is done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @default1qw7vqzeuiww,

I will discuss this with our engineer working on the Python API and let you know early next year. Our offices are in shut down next week.

I appreciate your patience, have a warm and relaxing weekend!

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello! just wondering if there was any resolution on this? 
I'd like to ensure everything is checked out before the export, and was hoping I could use the getGraphExportOptions callback to do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any news?

Is there any new hook available before export or is there a way to trigger the opening of the export dialog from script?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

My apologies for not providing any update about this topic. Unfortunately no changes were made to resolve this problem since then.

This week I have reviewed our PSD export workflows and logged the known limitations for the team.

I cannot commit to any ETA for improvements and understand this is disappointing. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines