• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a separate colors for the warp & weft of a fabric in 3d Designer?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm a newbie, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. But as you can see here, I have created a weave generator for myself. It works great except I'm not able to add separate colours for the warp and the weft. How should I go about this?

Am I missing something in the steps?

Ayesha28379878hflc_0-1676263686996.png

Ayesha28379878hflc_1-1676263850325.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Hi Ayesha,

Thanks for your message.

This is a great question and there are many different possibilities for some similar results. I would personally suggest linking the pattern and a Checker map tilled to 1 to a RGBA Merge node. This way, the checker map (the mask) will receive the same modifications the pattern gets, and once you have finished with your pattern, you can split your map with a RGBA Split node to retrieve your mask.

MaskRGBAGraph.png

It's important to note that the Tile Generator won’t wor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ayesha,

Thanks for your message.

This is a great question and there are many different possibilities for some similar results. I would personally suggest linking the pattern and a Checker map tilled to 1 to a RGBA Merge node. This way, the checker map (the mask) will receive the same modifications the pattern gets, and once you have finished with your pattern, you can split your map with a RGBA Split node to retrieve your mask.

MaskRGBAGraph.png

It's important to note that the Tile Generator won’t work properly with the RGBA Merge node, therefore it’s more suitable (and optimized) to simply use a Transformation 2D node to tile your pattern.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines