• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add geometric constraints to textures, like parametric modeling

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The effect looks like the following image.  I remembered reading a discussion earlier that texture could do the same, but I couldn't find it , I have looked for it all day……

Honeycam 2021-11-23 03-28-40.gif

30e94abbfacd63d1f3a6c43b1b6864f256dc4f81.gif

b4833bd5a77e55ae29c272080ff945127a300e43.gif

TOPICS
General , How to , Substance Graph , Substance Model Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The only parametric "modelling" I've seen done, and have done, using textures is using the height map on a suitably tesellated mesh. You can get clever and complex with it but it doesn't have the full flexibility of an object graph to extend the mesh itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3LsSQKp34M

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry,maybe I wasn't clear enough,what I mean is imitating the parametric modeling,texture could   accomplish more meta texture append or reduce through change parameters. Like the node splatter_circular,change the parameters,and texture appended or reduced.

what I want…… like this picture. Once the edge change then the triangle and circle append.

Snipaste_2021-12-03_01-23-13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines