• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create varied mesh instances?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to figure out how to properly 'instance' variations of a mesh that I've created in a model graph.

In a traditional material graph, you set up sliders and randomized inputs (like procedural noises that change based on the seed). You can then drag that material into another material graph to easily create variation by adjusting the sliders and seed values on that instance. Is there an equivalent functionality in model graphs?

For example, I'm creating a grass blade mesh with various sliders and randomized values. I want to create several unique variants of the grass blade. But there doesn't seem to be a way to create an instance of that node graph that allows me to adjust the sliders or choose a different random seed. I can't drag a model graph into another model graph, and the 'geometry instancing' node only duplicates the exact input. It doesn't allow you to create new variants by adjusting the seed value or sliders.

It feels like I'm missing something. Or is this functionality not present yet?
TOPICS
General , How to , Substance Model Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a way currently, as you describe it. But, you could create a single grass blade and use the filter node for as many times as you want to vary it. Then apply deformations to each of those filtered version, expose those parmaters, plug those back into a merge node.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Graph instances are currently not supported in Substance Model graphs. Adding this feature is high on our list of ways to expand and improve workflows involving Substance Models. For the time being, each variant needs to be generated in the same graph.

Also, if you generate instances of a given variation, the Jitter instances node can help you add some quick additional variation to the instances's transforms.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines