How to make this pattern and mask distribution

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow Substance 3D Designers, 

I am a new program user and I am trying to create this pattern: 

Example.PNG

I can easily create the general triangle pattern and I know that I can use a tile sampler node to mask some of the the triangles, but I would like to mask them using a somewhat "gaussian distribution" as shown in this pattern.  I'd also like it to be tileable.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Hello @Wamslebm,

Well done for finding a solution! I have attached a try at this with some exposed parameters to this message. It is not perfect but it should serve its purpose.

I hope it is helpful!

Note: The file was saved using the latest public release, version 11.3.1.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've already figured out a distribution technique strategy not long after asking this question.  But I suppose there could be many ways to solve this question so please send me any ideas that could help!  I am absolutely sure I would learn something new.  However,  I think I just needed to create a unique shape to act as my Tile Sampler Mask Map Input.   Then create a few layers with different triangle offsets and blend those together after the tile sampler node.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Wamslebm,

Well done for finding a solution! I have attached a try at this with some exposed parameters to this message. It is not perfect but it should serve its purpose.

I hope it is helpful!

Note: The file was saved using the latest public release, version 11.3.1.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Luca!    This is great!  You also did some other things that I still need to learn, like opening up parameters, so this is very much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Wamslebm,

I am glad! Have fun with Designer!

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines