• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet connection disables when I run substance designer.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.
So that's the problem : Internet connection disables when I run substance designer.
I'm 100% sure than it it happens when I run designer.I have no administrator rights on this PC so I can't block any connections for substance designer.
How can I fix this issue?

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vladimir

You can try to add this environment variable to your OS:
SUBSTANCE_DISABLE_SPECIFIC_FEATURES
and then set its value to 1.

It will remove all features requiring Internet to work, so it will block all connections. 
But I really not sure that this will solve the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doesn't work. But when I start app in account with administrator rights, everything is ok. But if I try to start app from my account with "Run as administrator" issue is here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the same issue with other software from the Substance 3D offer, like Sampler or Painter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this issue is actual just for designer.
I tried to reinstall this, installed older versions and have no positive results.
And what's interesting : I used designer for a few times and everything was ok.But in one day issue appeared.
I did no any changes in my OS or any software changes, no changes with my internet connections ect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Designer may perform an operation which triggers a flag in some security monitoring tool, which in turns disables the internet connection for as a safeguard. Is your account managed by an organisation or monitored by any security process in addition to the OS's? If the admin account is exempt from this monitoring, it may explain the absence of issue when using that account.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the update of graphic drivers helped.Will test this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines