• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invert mouse scrolling

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently updated Substance Designer to the latest version 11.3.0 and I wanted to know if there is a way to reverse the mouse scrolling: when I scroll up, it zooms in and down, it zooms out.   

I know I could do it with previous versions but I can't find the setting that would allow me to do it in the lastest version. 

Thanks 

TOPICS
General , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Hello @Melomya,

Certainly! The zoom direction can be inverted globally in the General section of the Preferences window: check the Invert zoom in views setting.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Melomya,

Certainly! The zoom direction can be inverted globally in the General section of the Preferences window: check the Invert zoom in views setting.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substance designer mousewheel zoom is the opposite of the alt+RMB with no setting to correct it.
Substance painter is correct by default (and also has a setting to change it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the message.

In fact, Substance Painter and Substance Designer natively share the same shortcuts for zooming. To be fair, most of the software are sharing the same shortcuts. Usually, we consider the image as an object when using analogic gestures (mouse, touchpad, etc.), but not with digital commands as the steps of a mousewheel.

Therefore, moving the mouse is like "pushing" the camera, and the mousewheel is like switching the value of its position.

With that being said, we could totally think the opposite and both options make sense. We could maybe divide the current Invert Zoom parameter, so the users can invert either the mouse drag or the mousewheel (or both). I'll share the suggestion with the team.

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines