• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Double sided Bevel with Extrude Curve node possible? Or orientation of extrusion in model graph.

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Double sided Bevel with Extrude Curve node possible? Or orientation of extrusion in model graph.

I am attempting to create a procedual barrel base mesh using strickly curve nodes within substance designer 3d model graph. I am adding a handle currently using extrude curve node.  The only issue I am having is that the bevel only occurs on one side of extrude.  Is it possible to extrude it on both sides or orient it to the other side.  

As a second note, does anyone have a solution to the "Error: PreProcessFailed" when expoting to a model graph.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Substance Model Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know the bevel only works on the top.

As an alternative, could you extrude an elliptical curve along a C shaped curve (partial ellipse) using a sweep curve node? That would still give you exposable parameters for the handle

2021-08-27_12-49-31.jpg

On the error message, Luca (from Adobe) mentioned in a post a couple of days ago that the error can appear if a parameter's default value is out of its soft/hard range set when the parameters were exposed. It may be worth a look there.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines