• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library missing most nodes

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using Substance Designer earlier this year but had to cancel my subscription for a few months. I recently got back to it and had to upgrade to the version using Creative Cloud rather than the Substance Launcher. Since then my node library is missing all of the more complex nodes like noises, patterns and PBR materials. The ones I already had in my graphs continue to work but I can't create new ones except by duplicating them.

Things I've tried, to no avail:

* Reinstalling several times, installing Substance painter, restarting the computer, doing all the previous after uninstalling all the previous Substance installs.

* Erasing application data in User>Library>Application Support.

* Creating a new Library window and closing the old one.

* Leaving the window open overnight (this seems to have crashed Designer after a few hours).

* Checking logs (can't be done, the entire folder they're supposed to be in is empty).

* Rebuilding thumbnails in the Library settings (seems to do nothing). 

I'm on MacOS 10.14.6, a 2017 Macbook Pro with a Radeon Pro 560. I never had any issues like this with the old version.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , General , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kept experimenting and found that everything worked fine when I log into the Mac guest account, so I was able to fix it by grabbing the files in the guest Application Support and putting them in my user folder. While that's good enough to get my work done it feels like a very temporary solution. I would still appreciate some help in solving it more permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @MareCrisium,

First, let us check that Substance 3D Designer's watches the correct folders for populating the Library with the default content.

Please take the following steps:

1. Open the Preferences window, and select the Projects tab
  2. In the Project Files list, select the Default project item
  3. Below the Project Files list, select the Library tab
  4. Let me know which paths are listed

I appreciate your patience and help!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines