Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link to 3D mesh crashes Designer

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Recently i've encountered a very annonying bug with Substance Designer in which designer crashes when I attemp to link a 3D Mesh. The window pops up and immediately crashes the tool. I've tried reinstalling, but it still crashes. I've managed to work around this by going to Link > Other, and loading meshes that way, but I'd love to know why linking 3D meshes is crashing. Note: it's not my mesh that's crashing the application, I don't even get that far, the tool has crashed before I can pick anything mesh to link. It could be because my previous path towards linking a mesh no longer exists as I archived some files, but why would that crash the entire application?!

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailled message about your issue. Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce the crash even if I remove / move folders. Did you send the crash report associated to your crash when you started the application again after the crash? It helps a lot to better understand what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that there are some known issues that make Painter or Designer crash when opening a file dialog. You will find more information on this page, with corresponding solutions: https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/crash-when-opening-or-saving-a-file-128745492.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Conrad,

Have you experienced this crash again since your last message in this thread?

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, and the work around isn't working for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Tumen,

May you please provide a screen recording of the crash occurring? This can help us gather important context for the issue.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I found a work around in another page. 

It is something to do with the windows preview. It was crashing as soon as I click on a file when loading stuff and Windows tries to generate the thumbnail or the big preview.

It stopped happenning when I closed the big preview side bar as soon as the browse window pops up before clicking on a file.

I got Windows 11.

Let me know if you still need a video recording.

Regards,

Tumen.A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Tumen,

Thank you for the update. Good catch, this is interesting!

The crash did not occur on my Windows 11 system, see below. A screen recording would threrefore be appreciated. Ideally, the selected mesh would also be helpful.

Adobe_Substance_3D_Designer_InDU1Iau49.png

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines