Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Materials from asset store to Substance 3D Sampler

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I would like to create renderings of spheres with different materials. A result could look like that:
0e180838-0ff0-4291-b95a-f19251ab7576.jpeg

For this, I would like to use existing assets from this site:
https://substance3d.adobe.com/assets

I saw that I can render such spheres with Substance 3D Sampler, and also be able to change the light and so on. My question now would be: How can I get materials from the asset store to a sphere in Substance 3D Sampler?

I would be very thankful for a short manual.

TOPICS
General , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Substance Stager can render with a transparent background and no ground shadow. Turn off the ground shadow in Stager and render to a PSD then open in Photoshop and turn off the background layer.

2022-04-14_12-22-13.jpg

As for using assets in Designer - just license them and download to a folder that you have specified in Preferences >Projects>Library. Or you can download to any other folder and use File >Open

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sampler is for creating and editing materials. It is not for final rendering.

You could use Painter or Stager to do what you want, both have links to download and use 3D assets and then to render

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's not possible to import assets from the asset store to Sampler?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can import to Sampler. What you won't do there is render.

Click the + botton at the top left of the screen and choose browse 3D assets. Download and open the asset.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh, I just realized that I already confused the software in my question. Sorry for that. So I wanted to ask how I can add material in a good way from the asset store to Substance 3D Designer.

So if I just add the material to a graph, and let it show in the 3D view, sometimes the material doesn't adjust well for the sphere. This is one example:
01010.png

Here is an output that was rendered with Substance 3D Designer, and looks a bit better. It has a transparent background and is basically in the form I would need it. Still, the material doesn't adjust perfectly to the sphere:
kkk.png

I have also tried it with Substance 3D Stager and Substance 3D Painter, then it also renders a background, and unneeded shadows, like here:
0.png

To show again what I would like to render, as an example, are just such balls with different materials, and without any background:
materials.jpeg

What would your recommendation to do that? Would be super thankful for help! And sorry for the confusion at the beginning.

Best wishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substance Stager can render with a transparent background and no ground shadow. Turn off the ground shadow in Stager and render to a PSD then open in Photoshop and turn off the background layer.

2022-04-14_12-22-13.jpg

As for using assets in Designer - just license them and download to a folder that you have specified in Preferences >Projects>Library. Or you can download to any other folder and use File >Open

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks bro! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines