Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MDL not showing in 3D View

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to Designer and I'm trying to follow the car paint material tutorial on youtube and mine is different because of the various updates. One big thing is that I can't get the material to show up in the 3D viewport. Any help is appreciated!

MDL_Graphc.jpg

TOPICS
3D View , MDL Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Solved: I went through my preferences and turned on the CPU under the IRAY tab and turned on Post Processing in the 3D View tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved: I went through my preferences and turned on the CPU under the IRAY tab and turned on Post Processing in the 3D View tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Matt Susla,

MDL materials may only be displayed in the 3D View when the Iray renderer is selected.

At that point, you may right-click on empty space in the MDL graph and select the Use as material definition in 3D View option.

For your information. the MDL graphs and Iray sections of the documentation were both recently redone, and may be useful resources in your work.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines