• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My .sbs file is completely empty when I try to open it with Substance Designer.

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 days ago I finished a complete graph in Substance Designer. I saved it as a .sbs as usual. I reopened it several times since.

Today I tried opening it in Substance Designer (same version) and the file is completely empty :Bug.PNG

My file explorer says the file is 1KB and that's clearly not normal. Also, I opened it yesterday, and everything was fine. I'm sure everything was fine. 

Any idea was caused this and how to solve it? That would be a real bummer if I couldn't get it back. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

PS: I searches the internet and didn't find anything except checking if it was a .sbar file. It's not, it's a .sbs.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , How to , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be able to share this file with us? Designer should also create autosave files in a .autosave folder next to your sbs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry for the delay, Turned out I had a backup on my External Hard Drive (how could I even forget) so I could get it back pretty easily. 

However, for the sake of the "bug" resolution I'm going to try to add info.

There was indeed probably a good file in the .autosave folder but I had deleted it a few days prior when I was sure my substance was finished.

I do not have the original "bugged" file anymore, but I have an autosave of it and it also has no graph, exactely like the original file. I would gladly send it, but I can't attach it here because apparently .sbs files are not supported (as shown on the screenshot). If you have a workaround, I'll gladly sent that autosave file - if it's even useful since it's not the original.

default0frv16ust2j0_0-1627489486488.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

For Substance 3D files (SBS), add the .xml extension to the filename, like so: <your_file>.sbs.xml

XML is a supported file attachment, and SBS files use the XML format. This will make it possible to send out your file without compromising its data.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines